Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Michael's Domain

Michael's Domain

Stuff about me!


See my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, January 05, 2006
 
Happy belated 2006!
We went to a friend's house for the celebration and had fun. There was a ton to eat and drink but Darcy cooked a yummy cheese fondu so I wasn't too hungry that night. I agreed to be the designated driver so I didn't drink too much. We were both in bed by 2:00 am. Earlier on Dec. 31 we attended the King Tut exhibit in Fort Lauderdale. An excellent exhibit and it was well worth the one hour wait to get in. We arrived half an hour early thinking we'd make good time. There were many people so it took us three hours to see all 110 plus items. Ft. Lauderdale is one of only four cities to host the exhibit before it moves on to Europe. We bought the official exhibit book and it complements the 1978 exhibit book. Grandpa and Grandma Wood attended that exhibit in Seattle. That exhibit had ony 55 items but included the famed Tut funerary death mask. The 2005 exhibit has twice the number of items but doesn't have the gold mask.
My plane tickets have been confirmed and I fly out Jan. 19 and return on the 24th. I'll be staying at the five star Beach Rotana Hotel and Towers. I'm nervous and have many questions to ask. But it is exciting and despite being there only three days I'm sure I will see a lot of places and will meet many people. Library of Congress put together an informative county profile about the UAE. UAE Interact is a great website, Emirates.org, and the UAE government's site are good.

|
Comments: Post a Comment