Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Michael's Domain

Michael's Domain

Stuff about me!


See my complete profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, February 16, 2006
 
I forgot to mention last time that Darcy and I watched a couple of good movies. It's a big event because we seldom do! One was Catch Me if You Can . A good movie with lots of action but not all violence and sex and many Hollywood movies. It's *inspired* by the true story of a man (Frank Abagnail) who had quite an imagination and was a great story teller. This story discusses how the movie stretched facts based on his life so it may be more entertainment than fact. The other movie was Amelie and was cute. The French translation didn't hinder the pace at all since I don't watch many foreign language movies.


I dressed up as Abe Lincoln for one final time yesterday. It was his birthday so I read the book Milo's Hat Trick to a few pre-schoolers. It went okay and there was not as much pressure as previous gigs I did. The costume that my boss sewed two years ago lasted although it's getting a bit worn now! I had grown out my beard for over a month and a half and I was glad to shave the Lincolnesque beard. I brought my electric shaver and trimmer to work and shaved it off in my office!


I continue to wait for news from the Petroleum Institute but I'm patient. There is much work here to keep me busy. I submitted, hopefully for the final time, the final version of my manuscript. If all goes well it will be published in the spring 2006 edition of RUSQ. Weather was refreshingly cold for a few days and I think may have set a record during my 5.5 years of living in Florida. It got down to about 4 celcius one night. The old buildings we've lived in are terribly drafty and not very energy efficient. The inside temperature quickly changes with the outside temp.


I got likely the last batch of wedding photos from my friend Ed. So we can now work on our wedding photo album. I developed a B&W 5x7 of us embracing for Valentine's Day. There was a nice grey colored frame that we got as a wedding or shower gift so the photo matches nicely. Final bit of news is that I'm done with buying the McFarlane hockey figures as I have all the Oilers ones. I went on a shopping spree and bought some Star Trek comics. Most are from a couple of short lived series in the late 1990s from Marvel. I'd like to complete DC Comics's second series of Star Trek by acquiring issues 64 to 80. There are also a few one shot specials that I have bought. The prices I paid were pretty reasonable with many being face value or less and free or heavily discounted shipping when buying two or more items. My World War One dvd arrived and am looking forward to watching it sometime. The best documentary about World War Two is Laurence Olivier's World at War. I first remember watching in over twenty years ago and being spellbound. At about the same time I was also watching a black and white documentary series about World War One. It was produced by CBS in 1964 and was narrated by Robert Ryan. Unfortunately it's not in dvd or vhs. It was also an excellent series and cemented my interest in history while in high school. I guess that's all for now. I better eat my dinner and hurry off to my dumbek class....


|
Comments: Post a Comment